i. Sound Absorption Property
Melamine foam, provided by SINOYQX, has three-dimensional grid structure and high opening rate (the opening rate of melamine foam with density of 4-12kg/m3 is 99%). Sound wave, therefore, can go into the innermost of foam conveniently and effectively and transformed to vibration of grid, thereby being consumed and absorbed and eliminating reflected wave effectively as well. It has good sound absorption property in a wide audio range, especially low-frequency noise. Tests show that sound absorption factor is within 0.85~1.07 in terms of 315Hz~500Hz low-frequency noise when melamine foam has a thickness of 8cm.
ii. Flame Retardancy
Melamine foam can meet the requirements of the following standards without any flame retardant or additive:
1) DIN4102-1, Class B1 low flammable material standard
2) UL84-V0 high flame retardant material standard
3) Fireproofing authentication of BS 6853, NF F16-101 and DIN5510
4) GB/T8624-2006, Class B (non-flammable) retardant flammable material standard
5) Excellent flame retardancy property is shown as below:
A. Prompt carbonization: When coming into contact with open flame, no flame is formed, no drips, the surface of melamine foam carbonizes immediately, oxygen is isolated and reaction speed slows down.
B. Stop burning immediately once open flame leaving: Once open flame leaves melamine foam stops burning straight away, no spark.
6) Low density of smoke: Smoke is the main cause of human injury in fire disaster. Tests show that the density of smoke of melamine foam is below 15, which is far lower than foam material of same kind, e.g. the density of smoke of flame retardant PU foam is below 75 (GB/T8627-2007 Test Method for Density of Smoke from Burning or Decomposition of Building Materials).
iii. Heat Insulating and Thermal Insulation Property
Three-dimensional grid structure of melamine foam effectively inhibits the convection and heat transfer of air, which results in excellent heat insulating and thermal insulation. Meanwhile, good heat stability of melamine foam ensures heat insulating and thermal insulation.
iv. Heat-resistant Stability
Melamine foam belongs to thermosetting foam and has dense netlike cross-linking structure. It has good heat-resistant stability and aging-resistance compared with PE, PP and PU. It can work stably within -180℃~200℃ for a long time and can bear 240℃ for a short time.
v. Low Density
Melamine foam has 4-12kg/m3 of bulk density. It is one of the lightest foam plastics on the market. It can be tailored upon customer’s request.
Melamine foam is non-toxic, odorless, no fiber or powder diffusion and has unique chemical stability due to its stable chemical structure and cross-linking structure, hence meeting the requirements of food sanitation class. It can be extensively used in daily-use commodity chemical industry, food industry, electronic industry, indoor decoration, transportation meals, etc. It is the optimum choice.
Melamine foam can be any required shape by machining such as cutting, scraping and revolving, and hot pressing. In the meanwhile, melamine foam can be combined with many materials to form sound absorption, thermal insulation and heat insulating materials to meet the requirements of different occasions and working conditions.